With the increase in high-speed internet connectivity via desktop and mobile devices, motion graphics are becoming a successful and engaging method for communicating your brand/product with your audience.
Motion graphic design is essentially “time-based graphic design” in that it combines graphic design principles with animation techniques. The animations can be paired with audio tracks to increase the impact of the message. While most motion graphic videos are viewed online (YouTube or embedded on a website), they can also be utilized for large flat panel displays and kiosks.
What can motion graphics do for you?
- Simplify your message. Motion graphics break the content into several parts that aid in a viewer’s retention of the information.
- Allow for a deeper and more dynamic understanding of the message. Certain data may not be as easily conveyed by static images or a presentation.
- Increase brand/product awareness and improve your search rankings. Companies have already seen “page one” search results for videos hosted on Google’s YouTube.
- Save time in creating and delivering Powerpoint presentation. Once an animation is created, it can be re-used to enhance presentations and meetings without having to re-create the entire message for static presentations.
- Allow for more conversation and conversion opportunities by having animations available offline on smartphones or tablets.
- Deliver more for your dollar. The production costs for a motion graphic video can be considerably lower than traditional video shoots that require actors, cameras, sets, lighting, props, and support staff.